Tip of the Week: Staying organized

Organizing your workflows is key to success. Here’s a couple quick tips to help keep you organized, even when those workflows get increasingly complex!

1. Keep naming conventions consistent. This applies to naming your workflows, module titles, and variables. Trust us, it’s much easier to navigate workflows and quickly identify what you’re looking for!
2. Use the ‘Organize’ icon to reorder your Ushur. This tool will re-order your Ushur into a natural progression. If this tool is used, and you decide you prefer the original order, you can revert back to the previous version.

Additional reading on keeping your workflows organized can be found here.

Do you have tips on how you keep your workflows or Ushurs organized? Let us know in the comments!

2 Likes

I like to organize my flows as I go. I usually do it as I add each module or at least after adding 2 or 3. I’m also a fan of taking full advantage of the horizontal space and will group modules side by side before dropping to the next “line”. It saves me from scrolling on large flows.

3 Likes

Creating most of the required variables before starting the workflow and also connecting two modules to as soon as they are created are some ways to stay organized.

5 Likes

use form module to capture multiple fields especially when we don’t have different workflow paths based on form input value. This will reduce number of modules in the workflow.

1 Like

I follow Shubhada’s rule of using forms where there are multiple fields that need to be collected. I also am laser focused on making sure that we keep the customer engagement to MVM (minimum viable microengagement!). Keeping it as short as possible will ensure likely engagement

1 Like

We can jump from one ushur to another as part of workflow. We should try and divide the ushur into multiple smaller ushurs to manage easily.

2 Likes

Use clone feature to make a copy of similar modules. It copies the flags/content from the existing module you are cloning from and it saves time required to create a brand new module.

1 Like

Use templates where ever possible and try to create re-usable Ushurs and jump from one to another as if you are calling functions in any programming language. Use Ushur Variables (kind of local variables) vs Enterprise Variables (kind of global variables) as appropriate.

Hi Seshu,

Could we use Jump to go from Main workflow to Sub workflow and come back to the Main workflow?

Main WF
Jump to Sub WF1 => Jump back to Main
Jump to Sub WF2 => Jump back to Main
Please advise,
Tam

Leandra, the question that I have for you is can we activate a child workflow from the main workflow in either synchronous mode or asynchronous mode. In case of synchronous mode, how do we get to back to the Main workflow after we are done working on the child workflow?
Thanks!